BANK STREET BIA
The Summer Events Assistant(s) will assist in the organization of the 2018 Bank Street BIA summer events and promotions.
Position Type: Summer Contract
Duration: 8 Weeks – May 7 2018 – June 29 2018
Number of positions: 2
Hours of Work: 30 hours/week
Some evening and weekend work will be required.
The successful applicant must be available for the weekend of June 14 – June 16
Rate of Pay $15 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities
· Be on hand to support the Assistant Director
· Assist in the coordination of partnership details leading up to the festival
· Manage data related to vendor relationships and other partnerships
· Respond to events enquiries (by phone, email)
· Assist with communications to events participants, supporters and suppliers
· Record and report on the success of promotional activity
· Coordinate the supply of events merchandise
· Compile feedback from event participants
· Assist with social media and website content development
· Attendance at a pre-event planning meetings, in the weeks leading up to the event
· Attendance at the event, the day of, and possibly the night prior and/or day following, depending on set-up and take-down requirements
· Participation in the post-event debrief, typically scheduled to take place within one month following the event
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent communication and listening skills
· Ability to work as a team member towards a common goal
· Ability to follow direction and work independently in keeping with the direction given
· Enthusiasm for event facilitation
Experience and Skills Required
· This position requires attention to detail, strong organizational skills, creative thinking and a passion for events and creating a high-quality guest experience.
· Office work includes but is not limited to answering and returning phone calls, follow-up with inquiries, computer data entry, and assistance with correspondence and event files.
· To be successful in this position, an individual should be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requested experience listed below is representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability needed to be successful in this position.
· Current undergraduate or college student in hospitality, marketing, communications or business degree with strong interest in special events, non-profit organizations, and the arts is ideal.
· Candidate must demonstrate strong communication skills.
· Must be able to speak effectively before groups and interact constructively and well with others.
· Knowledge of broad themes in event production and management is required.
· Self-motivation, initiative and reliability are essential.
· Basic office skills, record keeping, and organization skills are required.
· Candidate must be able to handle information of a sensitive matter, such as confidential sponsor and artist information and records.
· The Events Assistant(s) will often lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and be must able to stand for long periods of time.
· A valid driver’s license and willingness to drive a personal vehicle during the festival is an asset but not required
· The Events Assistant(s) will be based primarily at the Bank Street BIA office located at 176 Gloucester Street, with travel to various venues. Assignments may be indoors or outdoors. Weekends and some evenings will be required. There will be the option to work remotely on occasion.
It is expected that this position will be supported by the Canada Summer Jobs Program and the Ontario Summer Experience Program. As such, applicants must meet the following requirements:
· Have been registered as full-time students in the current academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in September 2018;
· Be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of employment;
· Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada;
· Be legally entitled to work according to provincial legislation and possess a valid Social Insurance Number; and
· Not be in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits at the start of the job.
Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome; in particular, applications are encouraged from racialized people, Indigenous people, people with disabilities, queer and trans people, and women
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line: EVENTS ASSISTANT 2018 no later than MAY 4 2018. Include your favourite funny YouTube video!
Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome; in particular, applications are encouraged from racialized people, Indigenous people, people with disabilities, queer and trans people, and women.